About Orange Sky
Orange Sky (OS) is a not-for-profit organisation focused on the provision of free laundry and showers to people experiencing homelessness. We're growing, and fast. Since 2014, we've expanded our reach to every capital city in Australia and most recently, across the waters to New Zealand too.
Through a network of vans and with the help of over 2,000 volunteers across Australia, our mobile service is a catalyst for positive, genuine conversation. We’re driven, dedicated, insanely ambitious and a little unconventional. We take our work seriously, but not ourselves. We work hard and ‘get it done’, but always make time to celebrate each other’s success.
You’ll be responsible for representing Orange Sky Australia (OS) in your functional role, managing the Service Operations function with a focus on delivering service continuity to regions across Australia.
Specifically, in your service operations functional capacity, you will work with the Orange Sky team to optimise and increase social impact through effective and efficient service delivery and service support systems. You will essentially be the cog that maintains the service delivery wheel and keeps those Orange Vans on the road!
In a nutshell, you’ll be responsible for:
- Minimising service downtime including assets (eg. vehicles, pods) being out of action, volunteers being unavailable and other reasons for missed shifts
- Leading asset readiness projects including asset overhauls, services and maintenance timeframes to minimise shift downtime and maximise impact
- Leading on OS service support function including systems, rostering and templates to support other team members to own this space
- Helping OS achieve its mission of positively connecting communities through ambassador duties, for example, public appearances, talks and general representation
- Identifying opportunities and gaps in service delivery and applying your subject matter expertise to addressing these
- Working in a Service Support capacity to address service delivery needs across Australia, including physical attendance in region(s) in some cases
- Collecting, analysing, interpreting, reporting on and using information and data relating to your functional to deliver OS services
- Lead and develop the Service Operations team including recruitment, supervision and performance management of team members identified as direct, and in some cases, indirect reports.
- Leading, planning and building resources with other OS team members, to develop service operations initiatives
Convinced this is the role for you? Tick some boxes!
The ideal applicant has experience in a similar role within a fast-paced organisation, ideally within the not-got-profit sector and working with a large volunteer base.
Additionally, the ideal applicant has:
- Minimum 5+ years demonstrated operations management experience or equivalent
- Experienced leadership and team facilitation skills working with both staff and volunteers
- Relevant tertiary and/or trade qualifications
- A high level technical understanding of assets (eg. vehicles) and a willingness to learn about all OS asset types
- Outstanding interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to communicate with a highly diverse range of people and manage a large and diverse workforce
- Well-developed written skills and problem solving ability
- Ability to travel and work flexibly as required
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to manage complex and competing demands and meet deadlines
- Ability to work both independently, and within a team
- Proactive attitude, and a genuine passion for our cause.
Submit your application via the online application link.
View a copy of the position description here or for more information, contact our team at email@example.com.